Buddy Hulsey, Retired Pharmacist & REAL MOMENTUM Board Member
READ Psalm 23:6
Ecclesiastes 3:11 declares that God has “put eternity into our hearts.” So, it should be no surprise as to why we have a longing for what lies “beyond the veil.” We can depend upon only one source of accurate facts about heaven, the Word of God!
Why should we desire to know more about heave??
1) We will be there forever and forever.
2) Our citizenship is in Heaven (Phil. 3:20).
3) Heaven is not the only eternal destination.
4) Encourage other believers around us.
What we can know for sure:
1) We are going (1 John 5:13).
2) Jesus Christ, the Author & Finisher of our Faith will be there (Psalm 23:6).
3) Our loved ones will be there.
4) We are closer than ever before (Matt. 24:33).
5) It will be so special that our finite minds cannot comprehend ( 1 Corinthians 2:9).
6) Heaven is a real place for real people.
7) It is available to “whosoever will may come” and we are His messengers. (Rev. 22:17).
8) It will really be literally “Heaven on Earth” (Ephesians 1:10).
There is a new heaven and a new earth in our future (Rev. 22:1-3).
It will be a place and life for which you were made. Imagine the most beautiful place you have ever been with a resurrected people living on a resurrected earth with a resurrected Savior forever. It will be a place of no pain, no crying, no death, no separation, and no sorrow (Rev. 22:4).
Remember God said, “Behold I will make all things new.” (Rev.21:5)
Charles Spurgeon once said, “To come to The is to come home.”
Father, create in me a burning anticipation for that home which You have prepared for me where I will enjoy Your presence forever and forever.
Heaven. We are closer than ever before. Are you ready? Read this devotion on the @Real_Momentum App and share it others.