Bryan Robertson, Family Pastor/Speaker, www.gracebc.org, www.familywalk.org
READ Proverbs 27:17
I started implementing accountability about 15 years ago when I was a Student Pastor at Oakland Baptist Church in Corinth, MS. I met with about 4 other guys at the Dinner Bell every week during lunch. Pastor Johnny Hunt always said, “Don’t waste your lunches.” So, while we ate, we would hold each other accountable to the following questions:
- Have you been in the Word daily? Ps 119:11
- Have you acknowledged Him in all your ways? In other words, how’s your prayer life? Prov. 3:5-6
- Are you tithing and spending His money wisely? Mal. 3:8-10 & Luke 12:42
- Have you spent quality time with your family? Ps 133:1
- Have you been exposed to sexually explicit material in any way? Ps 101:3
- Has your speech been uplifting and wholesome? Eph. 4:29
- Have you missed church? Heb. 10:25
- Are your relationships and where you go honoring to Him? 1 Cor. 15:33 & 1 Thess. 5:22
Answering these questions in total honesty with a band of brothers will keep you from a multitude of sins. Who can you get to hold you accountable? We just do better when people are watching and holding us accountable. So go ahead! Man up! Open up! Show up! Raise the bar up! And step up to the plate of manhood! You can’t do this alone! Find you a strong spiritual brother and get started this week. Be intentional and do it!
Father, help me to take my spiritual walk to a new level. Please show me who You want to hold me accountable and help me to be consistent. I want to honor You with the life You’ve given me and finish strong!
@Real_Momentum for Today: We just do better when people are watching and holding us accountable. #realmomentum