Jason Wade, Pharmacist
READ Nehemiah 8:1
According to Jesus in The Great Commission, all believers are to teach the Word of God to others, especially their family. Parents should be teaching what they know to their children. Mature believers should be teaching new believers. Believers are to be teachers, making disciples as we go.
Webster’s Dictionary defines proclaim as: “to announce publicly”. Why should we proclaim God’s Word? I’ll give you 5 reasons:
1) Are you mourning? Find joy in the Bible. Psalms 30:5 tells us that weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.
2) With everything changing in the world around us, the Word of God is constant. Psalms 119:89, “Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven.”
3) Are you lost? Find direction in the Bible. Proverbs 16:9, “A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.”
4) The things of this world are temporary. God’s Word is eternal. Isaiah 40:8, “The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.”
5) There are many false teachings today. What can we believe? Put your trust in the Bible. Paul writes in Titus 1:2 that God cannot lie.
I’ve given you 5 reasons, but there are 10,000. Why should we proclaim God’s Word? A good friend of mine says it like this: “Let’s give them some help and hope.”
Lord, You are faithful and true. Help me find ways to proclaim Your Word publically. But greater still, may the Word become flesh and dwell among me and those around me at home to the ends of the earth.
@Real_Momentum for Today: all believers are to teach the Word of God to others, especially their family. #realmomentum